Wednesday, May 17, 2006

art imitating life imitating art

music really helps me during a break-up...and during this period i've found myself gravitating towards the bouncing souls (who i am hoping to see at the knitting factory the first week of june), most particularly to their album, hopeless romantic. many of their songs just fit with how i've been feeling...including night on earth, (i'm a) hopeless romantic (you're just hopeless), whole thing, and wish me well (you can go to hell). in fact, the lyrics to this duet could have been a conversation between patrick and myself at some point...check it out:

p: i gotta be me, baby, and you gotta be you.
k: something isn't right, but i know i love you. i only want what's best.
p: i don't know. is this some kind of test?
k: yeah and you're failing! all we do is bicker.
p: say good bye.
k: kiss my ass. i hope you die.
p: wish me well.
k: you can go to hell. say good bye.
p: kiss my ass. hope you die.
k: wish me well.
p: you can go to hell. we were so different a short time ago.
k: love's supposed to make us happy, supposed to make us grow. and i just wanna punch you in the face!
p: i love you. i guess i needed some space.
k: oh well another time and another place.
p: say good bye.
k: kiss my ass. i hope you die.
p: wish me well.
k: you can go to hell. say good bye.
p: kiss my ass. i hope you die.
k: wish me well.
p: you can go to hell. so does this mean i really have to go?
k: um, yeah. what part of 'get out' didn't you understand?
p: wow. i mean, what happens if i want to call you or something next week?
k: well, what happens is that i won't be there because i don't like you any more.
you're stupid.
p: fine then. i don't care. i'm leaving.
k: k. whatever. bye. see ya.
p: alright. i'm out the door.
k: k. bye.
p: this is me leaving. i'm gone.
k: k. see ya. bye. whatever.
p: can i call you next week?
k: no. what are you laughing at, stupid?
p: i'm out the door.
k: god. go already.

thank god for music...it can give you a sense of humor even when you feel hopeless.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

That is very odd about the lyrics being very specific! But quite comical and helpful. :)

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»