Tuesday, October 30, 2007

the show must go on

tomorrow i start my new company management job for dai. i am both excited and terrified. my boss has yet to provide me with a show schedule, so i decided to look it up on the website and was a little shocked.

i knew i would probably not be able to go home to bahrain for christmas because of the show schedule. i accepted that. this year will be the first christmas i spend in america since 1982. i figured that even though i wouldn't be able to get time off to go back, i'd at least get the day off. nope. i don't care about having to work on thanksgiving because, oddly enough, the holiday hasn't meant that much to me since i was in college and would organize the dinners for the students who couldn't go home for the holidays.

but christmas is different. according to my schedule, we have at least one show a day from december 21st to january 8th. 19 days straight without a day off. i've done that before, too, for both nymf and don't quit, but that wasn't over the holidays.

yep, i asked for this...the shitty schedule, the crazy hours, the egos...the job in professional theater...i know i'll love it once i get started, but this is just a bummer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karron,
I just stumbled onto your blog while surfing the net and noticed that we once went to school together. Maybe you don't remember me since it was a very very long time ago (1990 -1992 in Bahrain School).
Congratulations to your acting career... you already wanted to be either an actor or a writer back then!
Well, if you remember me you can reach me under the following adress: beni.h(at)rcblauweiss.ch It would really be nice to hear from you after such a long time...
Greetings from Basel, Switzerland
Benjamin Hanzi