Sunday, October 07, 2007

ooops...nearly

this morning it was so difficult to wake up...i stumbled into my kitchen in my sleepy haze, got a bowl of cereal and went back to my room to eat and read emails. as i took my empty bowl back to the sink, i got a whiff of gas. for a second i thought i was imagining it. why would i be smelling gas? i didn't even cook last night. but as i stood there, i knew what i was smelling. i looked at my stove and felt it. i don't know why i'd think it was warm, but i checked anyway. then i noticed that one of the nobs was turned, almost to the "light" setting.

i'd like to think i brushed it when i was getting my breakfast this morning, but i know that i was nowhere near the stove. which means i either brushed against it last night when i got home and it had been going all night or it's been like that since friday night, which was the last time i cooked.

i've never had something like this happen before, but i have no one to blame but myself (since i'm sans roommate).

i cracked my glass door and am letting my apartment air out. it should be fine by the time i get home tonight. good thing i'm not a smoker, eh?

No comments: