Sunday, April 15, 2007

it has happened.

friday i gave notice to my boss at petaholics. why? you may ask, knowing how long i stuck it through crappy real estate jobs that provided more grief than this current part-time gig.

because i was offered (and i accepted) a position as asst. company manager/box office liason for don't quit your night job, a new improv/sketch comedy show created by and featuring broadway actors. yes, you heard right. karron's day and night jobs have finnally merged. my primary source of income will be from the theater. well it fucking took long enough, didn't it?

i'm still not fully filled in on the details of my job...i know my work schedule and it will be a total life and schedule change. i'll be working 6 shows a week, with my weekend being tuesday and wednesday. because all of the actors in the show are currently working on broadway, the show schedule is around the broadway hours, meaning we have 3:30, 5:30, 7:00 or 11PM shows, depending on the day of the week. i've always said i was a night person, now's the time when i'll put my money where my mouth is and see if it's true. i'm really excited to see what this job brings.

my one regret is that i'm going to have to leave the cast of five years later a week early. the first preview of don't quit is during the last week of performances for five years later, and there's no way i can be in both places at once. it's a good thing my part is so minor. they're on the case searching for my replacement, and i have no doubt that she'll do a wonderful job.

so you know what that means, kiddies...this week will be your last chance to see me on stage for at least a little while...so if you need your dose of karron on stage, go see five years later.

i'll keep you posted on the details of my exciting break through as soon as i have them. yay! i've done it...finally.

No comments: