Thursday, July 13, 2006

headshots and costumes and theater...OH MY!

the shows are going. we're getting some nice buzz and united stages even wrote a piece about rewriting shakespeare/priscilla/jeff (the playwrite). check it out: www.unitedstages.com
i think the shows are going well (even if last nights' performance was possibly the oddest i've ever been involved in). had a bit of a break down about the costumes for hamlet (long story), but everything seems to be running smoothly now.
my mom is in town and this will be the first thing she's seen me in since 2000. i kinda wish she would have come for book of days last year, but nothing i can do about that now. tomorrow we're seeing hamlet and saturday my roommate is taking her to see me in priscilla. i'm a little nervous about it.
despite the press attention we've gotten, we're not getting much of an audience. so if you're in the nyc area, COME SEE MY SHOWS! they're good...i promise. (see previous blog for show info)
also after a lot of deliberation, i've narrowed my headshot choices down to 4. i just need to knock one more off and i'll be set. it's SO hard. i've never had so many pictures of me that looked good. grrrr....
which one would you vote off the island? (please remember that these are yet to be touched up before reproduction). there is another shot that i'm definately keeping. i'm only including the three that are questionable.

1 comment:

Linn Ahlbom said...

Heya Karron, I see you've found my blog *grins* I'm glad, and I'm glad to have found yours! Lovely pictures! If you ask me I would vote the middle pic off the island. This is due to the unflattering composition. The v-neck leads the eye to the bottom left of the image and out of the picture. Your skin here is the lightest part of the image and actually drawns attention away from your face -- not good! Also your face looks big because the picture is taken from an angle slightly above you. Your face is much better framed in the other two picures and the eye is happy resting on your face. Love the cheekiness in the top one, and I like the bottom one too -- very flattering! Well there's me being ruthless for a day. Lots of love, Linn.